About the Chamber
The mission of the Chamber of Commerce is to focus on advancing the economic success of our member businesses and supporting the economic development of the Johnston community. Active involvement in Chamber events and activities gives you and your business enhanced public visibility, networking opportunities, and exposure to potential clients, customers, and connections.
NEW MEMBER BENEFIT! Targeted Marketing Opportunities:
As a benefit of membership, members can market and promote their business through the Chamber. Members can utilize the Chamber’s targeted marketing opportunities to get the word out about their special event, announcements, or job posting.
The Chamber offers the following targeted marketing opportunities:
- Members may purchase newsletter sponsorships in the weekly eNewsletter which goes out to almost 950 inboxes every Monday. Pricing is as follows:
- Large Sponsorship Spot Members- $75/Non-Members- $200
- Small Sponsorship Spot : Members-$50/Non-Members- $150
Due to limited space, there is a MAX of 2 spots available per weekly newsletter- 1 large spot, 1 small spot. Members can purchase 1 spot for an entire month if they choose. Spots are sold on a first come serve basis. Members can seek to reserve their spots by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Artwork/Imagery and text are the responsibility of the sponsoring business. Within the newsletter spot there is space available for both an image and text. The dimensions of a large spot is 500 pixels x 250 pixels for the image and 200 characters for the text. The dimensions of a small spot are 200 pixels x 300 pixels for the image and 100 characters for the text.
Please send your artwork/imagery in the form of a .jpg and accompanying text in a word document.
- Members can also take advantage of email marketing opportunities through the Chamber. Members can sponsor an individualized promotional email through the Chamber for $100 per email.
Emails sent out through the Chamber’s distribution list reach nearly 950 inboxes. A purchased email will clearly indicate in the subject line that it is a “Paid Sponsorship” email. Artwork, design and text is responsibility of member. Images should be sent in PDF format. Text should be sent in an accompanying Word document. Text is limited to 250 characters. Email sponsorships are sold on a first come first serve basis. Sponsored emails will be sent 2 per month. Members can submit requests for their email sponsorships to: email@example.com. The image dimensions in an email are 400 pixels by 600 pixels.
Non members can sponsor an email at a rate of $200.
**All submissions are subject to Chamber review and approval and the Chamber reserves the right to reject any inappropriate content**
Following is the current dues structure for annual membership.
Total Number of Company Employees Cost
Individual/ 1 Employee $250
2-5 Employees $290
6-10 Employees $380
11-25 Employees $475
26-50 Employees $600
51-100 Employees $765
101-200 Employees $1,010
Over 200 Employees $1265
Non Profit Discount %25
2 Part Employees = 1 FTE Employee
– – –
- Member Success – As a chamber it is our goal to help our local businesses and organizations be successful. We strive to offer events and activities that allow our business owners to network, talk about their business and build long lasting relationships within the community. We offer opportunities for professional development and personal growth through monthly events including our Breakfast before Business and our Business After Hours as well as with our lunch and learn events. If you are interested in hosting, be sure to check out our sponsorships page!
- Teacher Appreciation – Each May the chamber along with a committee of volunteers organizes the Annual Educator Appreciation Event that is held for the Johnston School District. We depend on our members to offer donations and sponsorships to host the many educational staff members and recognize them for their hard work. We offer a meal and a night of raffles, as well as recognizing the educators that have completed their journey! If education is important to you and you would like to be involved, reach out to Sam at the chamber!
- Green Days – Every year the Chamber plans and hosts our Annual Johnston Green Days festival that is held in June. It is a full festival with a carnival, parade, business expo, live music and beverage garden. You can stay on top of activities by visiting our site at johnstongreendays.org.
- Golf Outing – Organizes the Annual Golf Outing that is held in September.
- Ambassadors – This committee of volunteers helps connect members with their Chamber. The committee visits member businesses, mentor new businesses, and communicates Chamber events and activities as well as helps with special events.