About the Chamber
- Member Success – Organizes activities designed to help our business members succeed and grow in the Johnston community. We offer professional development and networking activities through workshops, lunch and learn events and other activities to help our members achieve their business goals.
- Communications – We are working to strengthen communications among our members and the community. This will be accomplished through improvements in our web site, advertising for Green Days, expanded information in our monthly newsletter and the creation of new channels of communications.
- Teacher Appreciation – Organizes the Annual Educator Appreciation Event that is held for the Johnston School District in May.
- Green Days – Organizes the Annual Johnston Green Days festival that is held in June.
- Golf Outing – Organizes the Annual Golf Outing that is held in August.
- Ambassadors – This committee connects members with their Chamber. The committee will visit member businesses, mentor new businesses, and communicate Chamber events and activities.
- Leadership Seminars – The purpose of the Johnston Leadership Seminars is to prepare participants to engage in activities that will foster a strong Johnston community. Participation in the Johnston Leadership Seminars will enable class members to:
- Be informed about the issues affecting the Johnston community.
- Be familiar with key community organizations and institutions and their leaders.
- Be equipped to constructively participate as community volunteers and leaders – dedicated to creating a high quality of life, fostering a community of learners, and enabling a vibrant economy.